The City of Winfield customers can now pay their solid waste bills online 24/7 with a credit card, debit card, or ACH (eCheck). This service is provided through Pay N Seconds, a third party payment processor, specializing in secure bill payment options.
To make a payment through this service, simply click on the Click to Pay button below and you will be instantly directed to Pay N Seconds. If you are using this service for the first time, you will be prompted to register a new Pay N Seconds account prior to making your payment. When registering your account, you will need your CUSTOMER # and ZIP Code from your billing statement.
If you have more than one solid waste account with The City of Winfield, Pay N Seconds allows you to add multiple accounts under the same login. Please register first with your main solid waste account.
Notice to City of Winfield Solid Waste Customers
Following council approval of Resolution No. 1240, on April 2, 2019, the following summary of changes to solid waste policies will take effect beginning June 1, 2019.
- Customers requesting garbage collection service will be required to pay a non refundable account origination fee of $50, complete a contract for service(s), and provide two forms of identification, one of which must be a social security card or social security number.
- Customers will be required to provide a signed copy of a lease in the case of rental property.
- The City will use reasonable efforts to begin collection immediately upon the setting up of a new account or upon the payment of a suspended or de-activated account. However, services may take up to seven (7) days to begin.
Returned Check/Bank Draft Fees
- A $30 fee will be charged for each check or bank draft presented and returned as unpaid. Upon receipt of returned check/bank draft, city will attempt to contact customer by phone of returned item. Customer will have 48 hours to redeem item by cash/certified funds or collection service will be suspended and applicable fees applied to account.
- Any customer or person presenting two checks or bank drafts which are returned unpaid within a one (1) year period shall be unable to issue a check/bank draft for payment for the subsequent 12 month period.
Suspension of Services
- Garbage collection bills are due by the 15th of the month. If the 15th is on a weekend, holiday or other time city hall is closed bills will be due the following business day.
- If an account is not paid in full by 2:30 pm on the last working day of the month, a $25.00 service fee per account will be added and service suspended. To re-instate service, the account must be paid in full by cash payment only.
- If the account remains unpaid by the 15th of the following month, the account will be deactivated in addition to remaining on suspension. To re-establish collection service, an account origination fee of $50.00 will be required and any unpaid balance in the customer's name shall be paid in full.
- The City of Winfield may refuse to provide collection services for the violation of any of it's Rules and Regulations or for failure to pay all Rates and Charges. The discontinuance of service as stated in this rule does not release the customer for their obligation to City of Winfield for the payment of monthly garbage collection charges as specified in the City's ordinance.