- City Council Meeting 1st & 3rd Tuesday @ 6:00 pm-Winfield City Hall (Except Holidays)
- Traffic Court 1st & 3rd Monday@ 3:00 pm-Winfield City Hall (Except Holidays)
- Businesses can renew business licenses online. Click here to renew your license.
Winfield AL - Official Website
Changes Coming for Trash Collection in Winfield City Limits
With the purchase of a new garbage truck, which should arrive any day now, the City of Winfield is making some major changes in the way they handle trash collection for residents in the city limits.
If you live in the city limits of Winfield and are serviced by the City of Winfield for trash collection, you will be issued a new 96-gallon, wheeled trash collection can. The new trash cans are being distributed by the City and residents can begin picking up their cans now at the street department office in downtown Winfield.
Rob Bolton, the head of Winfield's Streets and Sanitation Department outlined the procedures for the new trash collection system adopted by the City. Below are the main points of the new system:
- Each resident will be issued one trash container, which will be included in the regular monthly residential garbage fee if $14. Up to two additional cans may be added for a fee of $7 per month for each additional can. Residents will be limited to no more than three cans.
- All residents who have trash picked up by the City if Winfield will be required to use the cans provided by the city and no other types of receptacles will be serviced by the City.
- Each can will be numbered and assigned to the resident.
- Residents must place cans at the street and facing in the proper direction for the automated truck to access the can.
- All trash must be inside the can. No additional bags of trash or other items will be picked up.
- No hazardous material such as battery acid, building materials, bricks, rocks, wood or scrap metal should be placed in the cans.
- Cans should be placed on the street by 7:00 a.m. on collection day and should be removed from the street no later than 7:00 a.m. the following morning.
"We want to provide efficient trash collection service to our residents and this new garbage truck and can system will allow us to have one man handle the collection instead of requiring three men under our current system," said Bolton.
Audition Dates Set for Romeo and Juliet
Come try out for the William Shakespeare classic! Two star crossed lovers defy their families for the sake of their love!
Two audition dates available, and you can pick the one that works best for you:
Thursday August 21, 6-9pm
Saturday August 23, 1-4pm
No experience necessary, and no need to bring anything but your calendar! We will provide scenes from the script, and work with everyone who auditions.
Parts are available for anyone, male and female, ages 14 to 90. Plenty of roles both large and small for teenagers and adults alike!
Performance dates are October 16-19, so keep those in mind whether you try out or not!
Making Room for Homeschoolers "Back to Homeschool" Party August 28th
78% of homeschooling parents use the public library as their primary resource of learning materials. Yet, most librarians are unequipped and unprepared to reach this specific group of patrons. The Winfield Public Library is seeking to bridge the gap between libraries and homeschoolers.
Notice to Serve - Become a Member of a Municipal Board
As a governing body, the City of Winfield has various boards that help facilitate needs for municipal functions. These boards include but are not limited to the Winfield Board of Education, Winfield Housing Authority Commission, Winfield Library Board, Winfield Park and Recreation Board, Winfield Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustments and the Winfield Water and Sewer Board.
The current Mayor and Council would like to provide an opportunity for Winfield residents to serve as a member of one of these boards. Therefore, in order to give notice positions are available, the city will be posting these as the terms end and the need arises.
Individuals serving as board members are usually given the opportunity to serve additional terms if they are so willing. However, if a board member’s term is expiring and he or she no longer wishes to serve, this becomes an opportunity for others to serve, possibly bringing fresh, new ideas to that particular board and ultimately the City.
If you are interested in serving your community i this capacity, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (205)487-4337.
For a complete listing of Municipal Boards click here.
Page 1 of 2
Continuing a Tradition of Excellence
Winfield City Schools
2014 Mule Day Forms
The following forms are available for download for Mule Day 2014. Additional forms will be added as they become available.
Mule Day 2014 is set for September 26 & 27, 2014.
Note: These two forms are for Food Vendors and Flea Market Vendors ONLY. Arts & Crafts forms will be added as soon as they are available.
64°F, Windchill: 64°F
Wind: 0 mph N
Visibility: 0 mi
pressure: 30.07 in steady
Sunrise: 6:18 am
Sunset: 7:19 pm
Hi: 89°F, Low: 64°F
Hi: 94°F, Low: 65°F
Hi: 95°F, Low: 68°F
Hi: 95°F, Low: 70°F
Hi: 86°F, Low: 71°F
City Council Agendas
Click here to see City Council agendas.
Winfield is open for business!
Thinking about relocating your business or industry?
Comments or questions about this website - Email Webmaster